PTE (Pearson Test of English) is one of the major computer-based English proficiency tests conducted for non-native speakers who seek to study or work in a country where English is the primary language of communication. Students need to submit PTE Academic Certificate as proof that they have strong skills in understanding English. The four primary skills – Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing, are assessed during the PTE test.
As we all know, preparation is the key for passing any test. A regular practice is demanded to get you to achieve the targeted score in the first attempt.Here, we will look into some of the useful tips to follow for each module to get the desired results in exam. Moreover, you will get several free preparation materials online that will help you prepare well for each section.
1. A good volume and cadence should be maintained while speaking. Speaking hurriedly or too
slowly may affect your score
2. Oral fluency and diction are the significant parameters to work on
3. If you make a mistake, it’s not nice to waste time on the same, instead you should move on to
the next question
4. Don’t stress much on managing time, as the computer does control it
1. Managing time is important here. You will have only 20 minutes for ‘Write essay’ and 10
minutes for ‘Summarize written test’
2. Maintain good vocabulary
3. Make sure there aren’t any spelling mistakes or grammar mistakes
4. A good essay structure needs to be used. Introduction, Body and a Conclusion
1. Use an erasable notepad
2. The words such as sometimes, many, often etc. can be used
3. The keywords in questions are to be noted well
4. Focus on the repeated words
1. The question is to be read carefully so as to get the right information from the passage quickly
2. Concentrate on keywords in the question and then find the correct answers from the passage
3. Pay close attention to the parts of speech of ‘Fill in the blanks’ section
4. The questions should not be left unanswered
5. Managing time is important
Attaining a high score in PTE is a dream for many students who wish to study abroad. PTE is a timeintensive test and so it is very essential to learn to manage the time very well. Also, you will need to be familiar with the exam pattern. Attending PTE academic mock tests helps a lot in getting an excellent score in PTE exam.